Friday, March 14, 2014

Peanut Butter cookies - gluten free

It's been too long since I posted on here!!! Recently we have been changing our eating habits a bit ... Inspired by the 21 day fix program by Beachbody that Randy & I completed earlier this month... It really focuses on eating better, not counting calories but food that is better for you and portion size. No canola, vegetable oil but using coconut oil, oils that are better for you... No refined sugars, white flours... More oats, while grains. I really am impressed at how much better I feel when I'm thinking about and am more concious about what I am putting into my body. Our pediatrician also recently suggested to try a gluten free and casien free diet on our son who has been diagnosed on the autism spectrum to see if it makes a difference.... We haven't went totally gluten/casien free but I've been looking and different recipes,cook books to see what he would eat ... I came across this recipe on Pinterest and this is actually my second time making them... They disappeared so fast (mainly Randy & Cohen devouring them!) I thought I'd share it with you all :) it uses very few ingredients and they taste so good!









Peanut Butter Cookies:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1/2 cup natural chunky peanut butter 
(first time I made them I used smooth- they still turned out) 
1/2 cup brown sugar
Cream together in mixer until smooth... Add 1 egg 
Then add
1/2 tsp baking soda 
1 1/4 cup oats (gluten free) 
Mix together until incorporated. 

I used a tbsp to scoop out batter then roll into balls. Place on greased cookie sheet and lightly press down with fork. 
Bake in preheated over for about 8-9 minutes.. Until slightly turning brown on the edges. Cool on cookie rack. 


I added chocolate chips (maybe 1/4 cup) to the batter this time to see if my picky eater would think they tasted better...( and he DID! )  They had a hard time staying in the batter so had to push them in for them to stay... They are good with or without the chips :) 

Recipe originally from: http://www.fitsugar.com/Gluten-Free-Peanut-Butter-Cookies-31089480




No comments:

Post a Comment