Monday, October 22, 2012

Ginger Snaps

Sorry it's been such a long time since I've put up a new recipe on here!!! As per a request from the men that my husband works with, I made up a double batch of my now famous ginger snaps... They actually put requests in for these at the mine. I have no idea where this recipe came from... I'm pretty sure my Mom made these for us growing up though....

Ginger Snaps ( single recipe )

Butter or hard margarine, softened - 3/4 cup
White sugar - 1 cup
Egg - 1
Molasses - 1/2 cup

White flour - 2 1/2 cups
Baking soda - 2 tsp
Ground ginger - 2 tsp
Cinnamon - 1 tsp

White sugar - for rolling cookies in

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream margarine and sugar together in mixer, then add egg and molasses. Mix together dry ingredients then add to creamed mixture. Mix well. Roll into tablespoon full sized balls then roll in sugar and place onto a greased cookie pan. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
The double batch I made today made 5 1/2 dozen cookies... so a single should do half that... depending on the size of your cookies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment