Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Beef Steak Wrap with Spicy Pineapple Salsa


It's been really hot here in Saskatchewan lately so while planning meals I look for recipes that involve not too much cooking on the stove... None if possible!!! We have been using the BBQ constantly to keep the heat outside!!! I came across this recipe while looking for some way to have steak in a wrap... With a little spicy heat... The recipe which I found which I used as a guideline is from food.com... Beef Steak Wrap with Spicy Pineapple Salsa

Here is how I made mine (adjusted a little from the recipe I found)

3 rib steaks ( there was a whole extra steak left over so next time I'll just use 2 steaks)
1/2 cup or so of teriyaki sauce
Marinate the steaks in teriyaki sauce for at least 2 hours in the fridge.





Spicy pineapple salsa:
1 can of pineapple tidbits, drained.. I think next time I'm going to use fresh pineapple although this did taste good still.. Fresh would probably taste... Fresher!! :)
1 medium cucumber, chopped
2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 green onions, sliced
2 1/2 Thai chili peppers, finely sliced
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice ( about 1 lime)
1 tsp light soy sauce ( we use Bragg)
I also grated about 1/2 tsp of fresh ginger as per a comment posted on the original recipe :)
Combine all ingredients; cover and chill.

Remove steak from marinade and grill steak on BBQ till desired degree of doneness.

Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place in oven or on grill for about 10 minutes or till heated.

Spoon pineapple salsa in middle of each tortillas.
Cut steak into thin slices and place on top of pineapple salsa.
Roll up and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment