Calories:154 per bar... They say you should be able to get 20 bars out of this recipe.
From: Skinny Mom's Kitchen
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup dark brown sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
6 tablespoons butter, melted
juice of one lemon
1 ⅓ cup dried cranberries
¾ cup sour cream
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons white flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- For the crust combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir this mixture well using a whisk.
- Drizzle the butter over the dry mixture. Next add in the juice. Usinstirs loon, stir until the mixture becomes moist. Please note that it will be a bit crumbly.
- Reserve ½ cup of the crumb mixture. Press the rest of the crumb mixture into a 11 x 7 inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. **At first it will look like there is not enough mixture but once you start pressing it in you will see that it all fits perfectly. Let the crust sit for about 10 minutes. This will give the rolled oats a little time to soften up.
- For the filling, combine cranberries, sour cream, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and egg white.
- Spread the filling over the crust then sprinkle the rest of the crumb mixture evenly on top.
- Cook for about 40 – 50 minutes or until edges are brown. Mine cooked for about 45 minutes. Cool the bars completely, in pan, before cutting.
This bar freezes well too so good to keep on hand!