Friday, April 13, 2012

Sweet Potato Muffins

I had a bunch of left-over mashed sweet potatoes the other day so my Mom suggested making sweet potato muffins with them! I had never heard of them before but thought I'd give it a try... Better then throwing them out! I google searched sweet potato muffins and found this recipe which said it was from rachelray.com. They are really tasty, moist and easy to make... I think I might try them with a cream cheese icing some time... But are delicious with just butter on them!

Sweet Potato Muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg ( used ground)
1/4 tsp grated cinnamon (used ground)
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup sweet potatoes, cooked & mashed
1 tsp vanilla

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Grease muffin tins or line with paper liners. I mixed dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another, then combined all together and mixed until just combined ( you don't want to over mix) Bake for 15-17 minutes till fully cooked. Cool on a wire cooling rack.
I doubled the recipe and have a bunch in the freezer so I have something baked on hand :)

No comments:

Post a Comment