Friday, February 10, 2012

Pancakes

Keegan requested pancakes for lunch today... So I made up a batch! I got this recipe from my grade 8 cooking teacher... Easiest one I've made and tastes so good! I'm sure I could find one that is a bit healthier but I love this one! One thing I do is if we go camping ( and when I say camping I mean real, camping in a tent, packing all the food in a cooler camping) I mix the dry ingredients together in a container, I mix the wet ingredients together and then when we want pancakes for breakfast... Just combine everything together and grill them up! Just as easy or easier then pancake mix... Except you know everything that I'd in them :)
Here's the recipe:
1 1/3 cup white flour
3 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Sift all dry ingredients together into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre.

1 1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp oil
1 egg

In a small bowl, blend together these ingredients and mix well.
Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients all at once. Beat until smooth. Slowly hear griddle, grease if needed. Pour batter onto griddle in about 1/4 cupfulls ( this depends on what size of pancakes you want... )
Bake till the pancakes are puffed, the surface is full of bubbles and underside is golden brown. Turn and bake till the other side is brown. Remove from griddle. Serve with butter or margarine and syrup on them.
The recipe makes enough for a family of four with no leftovers... Since my boys love to eat them for snack, I usually double up the recipe. Also, if you find the batter really thick, add a little more milk and mix till you get the desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment