Saturday, February 25, 2012
Oatmeal Craisin Chocolate chip Cookies
"Our freezer is out of cookies" Randy informed me last night... So I took the hint and made a double batch of his favorite to restock :) I love this recipe because it has craisin's (YUM) in them and oats which make them healthier right???
Here is the recipe (found on food.com)
1 cup butter/hard margarine
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole wheat or white flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups whole oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans ( we rarely put nuts in our baking just cause then Keegan can't take them to school, so I put white chocolate chips in instead of pecans)
1 cup craisin
1. Cream butter and sugars until creamy.
2. Add vanilla & eggs, beat well.
3. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
4. Mix well.
5. Add oats, chocolate chips, nuts if using, and craisin's.
6. Stir until well combined.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls on cookie sheet.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes until golden brown and not too soft in the middle.
9. Let cool on cookie sheet for a couple minutes then transfer to wire rack.