Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Heart-Shaped Rice Crispy Treats dipped in chocolate

This is our first year having a child at school on Valentine's Day! Well, supposed to be in school... Keegan has been on antibiotics since Monday for an ear & throat infection! So the treats we made today will be a day late but I think the kids will still enjoy them :) I found this idea on a blog "Mel's kitchen cafe" and decided to give it a try.
I made my go-to rice crispy square recipe...

Here is the recipe:

1/4 cup hard margarine - microwave on high for 1 minute or till all melted
then add 32 large marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows - microwave on high 1 minute or till, when mixed with spatula, marshmallows are all melted. Add 5 cups rice crispies - mix till well coated then press into a well greased 9x13 inch pan.

I then let it sit for about an hour to cool.
I then used a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes in the rice crispies and put the cut out shapes on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or Saran wrap. Depending on the size of your cookie cutter, you will get different amounts of hearts... I got 12 hearts out of one 9x13 sized pan. I then melted chocolate wafers ( from the bulk section at superstore) in the microwave and dipped each half of the hearts into the melted chocolate. I then put them back on the lined cookie sheets and, while the chocolate was still melted, sprinkled with heart shaped sprinkles. I then cooled the hearts till the chocolate was hardened. After they were completely cold, I removed them from the sheets, put them each in a candy bag ( found at walmart) and tied the top with string.

1 comment:

  1. Wow they look Fab I can not wait to make them ...

    ReplyDelete